- Ghana: Cedi is second weakest currency among 15 top currencies in Sub-Sarahan Africaby Ghana Web on January 18, 2023 at 9:47 am
The Ghanaian cedi has been ranked the second weakest currency among the top 15 currencies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ethiopia’s general inflation rate modestly down in Decemberby Xinhua on January 17, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Ethiopia’s general inflation rate decreased to 33.8 percent in December, after reaching 35.1 percent in November 2022, the state Ethiopian Statistics Service (ESS) revealed Monday.
- Inflation hits record high in Ghanaby Xinhua on January 16, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Ghana’s consumer inflation rate surged to 54.1 percent in December, a record high, the Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) said Wednesday.
- Ghana Airlines: New national carrier to begin operations in 2023by Kweku Zurek | Graphic Online on January 13, 2023 at 5:31 pm
Ghana Airlines, a new national carrier is expected to begin operating in the third quarter of 2023.
- Rwanda consumer inflation rises to 21.6% in December 2022by APA News on January 11, 2023 at 7:57 pm
Rwanda’s consumer inflation accelerated for the second straight month in December 2022 on the back of higher food prices, official data has showed.
- Ethereum surpasses Bitcoin in transaction volume for the year 2022by Ajibola Akamo | Nairametrics on January 5, 2023 at 10:10 pm
The total transactions on the Ethereum network tore through that of Bitcoin by more than fourfold in 2022, data from DollarGeek has shown.
- The African Union of Broadcasting (AUB) welcomes the Africa 24 Groupby apofeed on February 2, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Download logo The Africa 24 Group (www.Africa24TV.com) becomes a member of the African Union of Broadcasting (AUB)- (www.UAR-AUB.org), the biggest media professional organization in Africa with over 80 members. The AUB is also the only African organization, member of the World Broadcasting Union (WBU). The Africa 24 Group will actively participate in all the activities This post first appeared on African Business
- Appointment of High Commissioner of the United Republic of Tanzania to Sri Lankaby apofeed on February 2, 2023 at 6:15 pm
Download logo The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania with the concurrence of the Government of Sri Lanka has appointed Ms. Anisa Kapufi Mbega as High Commissioner of the United Republic of Tanzania to Sri Lanka based in New Delhi. She presented credentials to H.E. Ranil Wickremesinghe, President of Sri Lanka on 02 February This post first appeared on African Business
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa must reject proposed new law that threatens rights and civic spaceby apofeed on February 2, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Download logo Responding to the Senate’s passing of the Private Voluntary Organization (PVO) Amendment Bill, which now awaits President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s assent to become law, Tigere Chagutah, Amnesty International’s Director for East and Southern Africa, said: “The PVO Amendment Bill in its current form threatens civic society organizations working on human rights in Zimbabwe. The This post first appeared on African Business
- Robust and Technical Dealmaking On The Horizon For African Energy Week (AEW) 2023 – Africa Energy Chamber’s (AEC) NJ Ayukby apofeed on February 2, 2023 at 5:15 pm
Download logo In a vote of thanks following the successful organization of the Invest in African Energy event on 26 January 2023 at the Waldorf Hotel in London, NJ Ayuk, Executive Chairman of the Africa Energy Chamber, AEC, says more robust and technical dealmaking is expected at the 2023 edition of the African Energy Week, This post first appeared on African Business
- Eritrea: Contribution of Maternity waiting facilities in Northern Red Seaby apofeed on February 2, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Download logo The Ministry of Health branch in the Northern Red Sea Region reported that putting in place of Maternity waiting homes at health facilities in the region is being effective in the reduction of mother and infant death rates. At an activity assessment meeting conducted on 1 February in the port city of Massawa, This post first appeared on African Business